The Emmaus Library is newly renovated and still growing,
with over 2,000 items in our online catalog!
HELPERS ARE NEEDED for our LIBRARY WORKDAYS! Hours are flexible, at your convenience, and no experience is necessary--come for an hour or more and help us label and shelve our catalogued items. We're also recruiting volunteers to staff the library at certain key times--like Sundays between the Masses. Please call ahead or email Sharon Perkins if you can help.
To view the online catalog, click the following link.
Enter the words "EMMAUS LIBRARY" in the Library Name box and click SIGN IN
Want to check out something from the library? Visit the online application form and sign up to be a Library Member today! (or, if you prefer, click on the link for a printable form).
Where, oh where . . . ??
The Emmaus Parish Library is located in Portable Building A1 (the Pastoral Center), at the bottom of the hill below the labyrinth and south of the Parish Life Center. It contains hundreds of books for the whole family, as well as a growing collection of DVD's, audio books, and reference guides. It also serves as a conference room and small classroom for adult learning (reservations for room use must be made through the parish office).
What is there?
A Children's Corner with children’s books, games, and puzzles
Books for young adults and teens
Videos and DVD's for adults and children
Audio books on CD and audiotape
Bible Study aids
Catholic reference materials
- Opportunities to donate items as memorials
- Comfortable chairs to relax and read in
- A large conference table for reading and working, along with wireless Internet access
- A wall-mounted flat-screen TV with DVD player
A 4x6' dry-erase board for classes and meetings
When can I come by?
How can I get involved?
- Visit the Library often. It is a treasure that only gets better as it is used! Come in and browse the shelves for starters.
- SIGN UP to be a Library member!! It's easy! Just submit the application below. You'll soon be on your way to browsing our online catalog.
- Offer suggestions for resources that you would like to see included.
- Donate books, videos (DVD format only, please), or audio CD's (no audio cassette tapes) that are on our wish list. Or, if you have spiritual books, DVD's, or CD's (in good condition) that you no longer use, consider donating them to the parish library. (Please call or email prior to dropping off a donation as our space is limited).
- Consider donating a memorial book in honor of a deceased loved one or for special occasions such as a birthday or anniversary. Your gift will live on!
- Become a Library volunteer. Training is available, and we can always use help in doing digital cataloguing, shelf inventory, or checkout for patrons on weekends when the Library is open. We need book and video reviewers as well as volunteers to do sound recordings!