Have you "checked out" your parish library? The Emmaus Library, located in Pastoral A1 (portables) stocks over 2,000 items in our online catalog. You can visit the library anytime during parish office hours, Monday-Friday, 9-4, and Sunday, 8-12. Just stop by the office to pick up a key.
The library accepts donations of new or gently used Catholic books in good condition. You may bring books to the parish office during business hours.
About the Library
Where is it? The Emmaus Parish Library is located in Pastoral Center A1 (portable buildings) at the bottom of the hill below the labyrinth and south of the Parish Life Center.
What is in the Library?
- conference room and small classroom for adult learning (reservations required)
- Children's Corner with children's books, games, and puzzles
- books for young adults and teens
- videos and DVDs for adults and children
- audio books on CD and audiotape
- Bible study aids
- Catholic reference materials
- opportunity to donate items as memorials
- comfortable chairs to relax and read in
- large conference table fo rreading and working along with wireless Internet access
- wall-mounted flat-screen TV with DVD player
- 4'x6' dry erase board for classes and meetings
- In the future, we hope to include audio and video recordings of guest speakers and homilies.
When can I visit the Library? Stop by the Parish Office to visit.
How can I get involved?
- Visit the Library often. It is a treasure that only gets better as it is used. Come in and browse the shelves for starters.
- Sign up to be a Library Member. It's easy. Just fill out a form in the library and you'll be given a membership number. You'll soon be on your way to browsing our online catalog.
- Offer suggestions for resources that you would like to see included.
- Donate books, videos (DVD format only, please), or audio CDs (no audio cassette tapes) that are on our wish list. If you have spiritual books, DVDs, or CDs in good condition that you no longer use, consdier donating them to the Parish Library. (Please email in advance as our space is limited.)
- Consider donating a memorial book in honor of a deceased loved one or for special occasions such as a birthday or anniversary. Your gift will live on!
- Become a Library volunteer. Training is available, and we can always use help in doing ditigal cataloguing, shelf inventory, or checkout for patrons on weekends when the Library is open. We need book and video reviewers as well as volunteers to do sound recordings.
It's YOUR Parish Library - so stop by!